ZAG Technical Services is an award-winning information technology consulting firm delivering digital transformation solutions, IT assessments, managed services, security, and support.
ZAG specializes in cloud computing, IT security and compliance, disaster recovery, and business continuity. The company also delivers network infrastructure, virtualization, and help desk services to clients in agribusiness, finance and banking, manufacturing, and professional services. We proudly partner with trusted global industry leaders like Microsoft and Cisco to accelerate each client’s competitive advantage.
With a culture of sharing, ZAG uses insights to help all clients develop a robust security posture, operational agility, and supply chain oversight so their businesses can thrive.
ZAG offers managed IT services at three different levels that provide remote monitoring and maintenance, help desk and support, and technology strategy for clients.
ZAG developed 200+ standards that help us guide clients and develop a more robust security posture and operational agility in a changing threat landscape.
ZAG’s vision is to create a future where technology is a competitive advantage. We work to form this future through the application of robust security, new applications, and customized technology strategy.
“Enabling our clients to succeed” is at the core of all ZAG’s practices. Our mission is your mission. Our client-focused approach ensures that your IT solutions drive ROI, provide a competitive advantage, and help your business grow.
ZAG holds five core values to be critical to who we are and how we serve our customers: Integrity Foremost, Client-centered, Accountable Always, Teamwork Throughout, and Exceptional the Goal.
For 25 years, ZAG has served fresh produce, and AG-focused businesses with IT services tailored to these industries.
- ZAG is founded with an engineering and service delivery focus by Greg Gatzke. The company’s engineering approach is driven by client needs, actively leveraging products and technology to allow its clients to maximize productivity while ensuring network security.
- Greg grew up around agriculture watching the three generations before him farm across the country. Combining his history in the industry with the technical expertise the company gained from working with clients in fresh produce, ZAG refines its primary focus are to fresh produce and agriculture with an emphasis on supporting the food supply chain.
- ZAG begins transforming its Help Desk to a Customer Support Center, taking a major step toward establishing its Managed Services offering.
- The Project Management line of business is created to better serve clients in planning and implementation of high-level IT projects, ensuring they’re on time, within scope, and on budget.
- After more than 15 years in business, ZAG establishes its shared values with help from its team members, along with formalizing its vision to “Build a future where technology is a competitive advantage.”
- ZAG establishes its Business Applications line of business aimed at providing clients with custom-built applications to streamline their business.
- ZAG established the Data and Software Services division to expand its portfolio of applications and data services. Today, agribusinesses make up approximately 80% of ZAG’s business, comprised of clients like Latitude 36 Foods, The Nunes Company, Pacific International Marketing, Dobler & Sons, Index Fresh, and more.
Our Executive Team
Greg Gatzke is the President of ZAG Technical Services. He is responsible for guiding operations in line with the organization’s broader vision of building a future where technology is a competitive advantage. Gatzke founded ZAG 22 years ago, calling on his extensive experience with the aerospace manufacturing corporation and defense contractor McDonald Douglas and as a consultant with the Network Technology Group.
Chief Technology Officer
Jim Hunton is Chief Technology Officer at ZAG Technical Services, where he takes a client-centered approach to implementing technology, providing companies with a competitive advantage. During his tenure at ZAG, Jim has been instrumental in providing a framework for client technology strategy that takes a multi-layered approach to planning, solution implementation, and ongoing system management.
Chief Financial Officer
Tim Bussey is the Chief Financial Officer at ZAG Technical Services, where his responsibilities range from traditional financial to broad-based operational initiatives. Before joining ZAG, Tim held a variety of senior financial roles in the Bay Area with companies ranging from large public companies to start-ups, as well as local nonprofits.
Vice President of Operations
Eric Regnier leads ZAG’s operations and service delivery teams, with a focus on operational excellence, continuous improvement, and quality. He holds master’s degrees in technology policy and computer science, with professional certifications as a CISSP, CCSP, and PMP.
VP of Data and Software Services
Thuan Ngo is the Vice President of Data and Software Services at ZAG Technical Services, where he’s responsible for expanding ZAG’s portfolio of applications and data services to further empower clients with innovative solutions that emphasize automation and data insights.
Director of Client Strategy
Patrick Day is the Director of Client Strategy at ZAG Technical Services, where he oversees strategic initiatives for the sales and consulting arm of the business. He also serves as an advisor for clients calling on his extensive experience as an IT leader over the last 18 years.
Director of Client Operations
Ananya Ridenour is the Director of Client Operations at ZAG Technical Services, where she leads all aspects of client services, systems operations, escalations engineering, and EDI support. She has lead managed services teams throughout her career to drive operational improvements that deliver increased productivity.
Director of Engineering
Jason Payne has more than 25 years of IT experience, the most recent of which he spent managing end user and desktop support, infrastructure, and Salesforce CRM for more than 500 users across North America.
Director of Platforms and Integration
Paul Jozwiak is the Director of Platforms and Integration. His diverse professional background includes project, change, and strategic management with extensive cross-functional leadership experience in IT and product development.
Laura Spurzem is ZAG’s Human Resources Manager, calling on her broad-based background in all aspects of HR management, recruitment, and benefits. She brings over 10 years of experience to the senior leadership team and aligns ZAG’s HR strategy with its business strategy.
Robert Collings is ZAG’s Marketing Director, responsible for market research, positioning, messaging, and the tactical delivery of internal and external marketing communications. He’s a 2x founder and held high-level marketing positions in open-source software and in the entertainment and publishing industries.
Careers at ZAG
Enable Our CLients to Succeed!
CONTACT US / LOCATIONS
Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., and with offices in Salinas, Calif., and Meridian, Idaho, ZAG is the premier provider of information technology for Western agribusinesses.
San Francisco Bay Area, California
3590 N. First Street, Suite 100
San Jose, CA 95134
Salinas & Monterey, California
17 E. Gabilan Street
Salinas. CA 93901
Boise Area, Idaho
3597 E. Monarch Sky Lane, Suite 249
Meridian. ID 83642