SQL Server Review
Many organizations adopt Microsoft SQL Server to manage their database and host their applications. However, companies without a dedicated Database Administrator do not have the resources to ensure their database is running properly and up to date.
ZAG provides a health check, where we will make recommendations on how to ensure your SQL Server meets your business needs. ZAG suggests this service to any organization that has not reviewed their SQL server in a year or more (not including SQL Express).
Some companies may also be running older versions such as SQL 2005 that are End of Life. Running SQL Server End of Support and Extended Support will result in the loss of security updates, compatibility errors with newer servers and application platforms, and may require purchasing expensive hotfix support.
Get Actionable Outcomes
SQL Health Check Includes:
SQL Server Backup Review
- Backups, index maintenance, database integrity checks
- Recovery model and RTO/RPO objectives
- Backup methodology and storage review
ASSESS DATABASE CONFIGURATION
- SQL best practices review
- Log and trace files review
- Check MDOP and Cost Threshold for Parallelism values
- Disk layout/file placements for database files and log files
SQL SERVER REVIEW AND ASSESSMENT
- A review and analysis of database configuration
- Security, stability and availability
CHECK VERSIONING AND SPECS
- Service pack levels and version end of life dates for current version of SQL
- Database software configuration review
Assessment may result in:
REMOTE DBA SERVICE DISASTER RECOVERY PLANNING
- Recommend appropriate methodologies (Log Shipping/Replication/AG/Clustering) as applicable (based on Edition/Version)
- Memory pressure/Disk latency
- Performance review for long running/IO intensive queries
- Assess indexing strategy (used/unused/duplicate)
- Assess Execution plans for query-level performance
HARDWARE & SQL SERVER UPGRADES
- Assess current and projected business needs and propose a roadmap
GENERAL SQL SERVER CONSULTING
- Assess issues, analyze and recommend solutions based on severity.
Choosing the Right Database
Behind the clouds, mobile devices, and apps that your organization uses to do business lays the heart of it all: the database. Selecting and implementing the correct database is an important decision. Faulty databases can cause inaccurate data parsing, slow speeds, and the dreaded crash, which are all real issues that may face your company today.
ZAG has the experience to help you with your database needs, including: design and implementation, administration and maintenance, and data analysis and reporting. We can help manage and protect your database system for its entire life cycle.
Microsoft SQL Server
SQL Servers are the most secure of all major database platforms. SQL delivers 99.9999% up-time, return on investment of up to 189% in one year, and can save you 460% annually compared to Oracle solutions.
Your organization can implement a cloud-ready platform with SQL Server 2006, get built-in mission critical capabilities, and enable breakthrough insights across the organization with familiar analytics tools and enterprise-ready big data solutions.
Common architecture and tools enable Hybrid IT infrastructures that help move your business forward and unlock new business models.
Contact ZAG Today
ZAG’s Microsoft-certified IT consultants can help provide customized IT business solutions using SQL Server as the backbone for your environment. Utilizing SQL Reporting Services, your company can gain a dedicated Database Administrator who can provide your business with valuable business intelligence data that will provide you an immediate ROI.