With the novel coronavirus causing COVID-19 continuing to spread, ZAG is taking precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of our team and clients. We take this obligation extremely seriously. The very nature of our business regularly takes us to client sites, and valuing transparency we want to share information about the efforts we have in place to minimize contribution to the spread of the virus.
We consider it important to keep up to date with developments about the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and the precautionary measures being advised by leading health organizations. You might find these resources helpful:
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- CDC Travel Health Notices
- World Health Organization Travel Guidelines
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
What you can expect from our team at your site
We directed our team to take the following measures when working at a client’s site, and you can expect to see this behavior:
- Use hand sanitizer or wash hands before and after working on someone’s machine.
- Communicate with the client that hands have been cleaned and sanitized before entering their workspace.
- We are making every reasonable effort to supply our team with hand sanitizer. If a team member isn’t carrying sanitizer with them, they will wash their hands thoroughly.
How we treat machines and hardware prepared at ZAG
We regularly prepare computers, workstations, and other hardware at our office locations for deployment on client sites. We mandated the following guidelines:
- We will wipe down any machine prepared at ZAG before shipping to ensure clients receive a cleaned system.
A large part of what makes ZAG unique is our belief in the power of in-person communication. Clients will be very familiar with our team being on their premises, working directly with their employees.
We have nonetheless implemented strict travel guidelines and we ask our clients for their patience in the days and weeks ahead. These include “Do Not Travel” restrictions for any trip that is not essential to client or ZAG business. Additionally:
- Essential business travel should be limited to situations where business cannot reasonably be conducted without face-to-face interaction, or without a visit to a specific location.
- Our team will take all precautions in flight, by sanitizing the airplane seat/tray, and washing hands frequently.
We’re empowering our team to work remotely
ZAG has enabled the technology and cloud technology needed for most of our employees to work remote when needed. Clients can expect our team to be available for them, whether we’re working from one of our offices or from home.
Follow best health practices
We regularly remind our team through various internal communications to be responsible and follow health procedures that protect themselves, their family, clients, and anyone else they come in contact with. These tips include:
- Stay home when sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap is not available. We have hand sanitizer and wipes in the kitchen and conference rooms, and throughout the office.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash, and clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid large gatherings, particularly if you are in a higher risk group.
- While information is still evolving, evidence currently shows that those with underlying medical problems as well as those over 50 years old are at a higher risk for severe disease. If you fall into this group, please take extra care.
The impact of COVID-19 on the economy, businesses, and people’s lives is growing and we want to play our part in keeping our community safe. Transparency is core to ZAG. We shared this to help our clients understand what to expect at this time, and in case it’s useful should you intend to do the same. The CDC has a guide for businesses and employers you might find helpful.
Keep safe and well.