April 21, 2022, San Jose, California – ZAG Technical Services is today recognized as a Top 20 national Managed Service Provider (MSP) and is the No. 1 ranked MSP serving the North American food and beverage and agriculture industries. ZAG ranked 17th overall in ChannelE2E’s annual listing of the Top 50 MSPs by vertical in the United States.
The recognition comes at a time when Americans are learning that the agriculture, fresh produce, and food and beverage industries are critical to the overall health and security of the nation. ZAG clients include many leading agribusinesses who collectively feed the nation.
Greg Gatzke, ZAG President, said of the recognition, “We are pleased to be in the Top 50 of ChannelE2E Vertical Market MSP 100 list. Our team’s dedication to and focus on enabling our clients to succeed led to this honor. I thank the team for earning this recognition.”
This year’s research revealed several key MSP market trends, including:
- Surging MSP Revenues: Honorees generated a combined $3.05 billion in vertical market annual recurring revenue (ARR) in 2021, up 42% from $2.14 billion million in 2020. The surge involved extremely strong MSP merger and acquisition (M&A) activity; accelerated demand for cloud & cybersecurity services; and successful MSP pivots amid the continued COVID-19 pandemic.
- Key Verticals: The most successful vertical market MSPs are zeroing in on healthcare and manufacturing, with continued strong interest in financial services, legal and government opportunities.
- Managed Security Services: All of the honorees offer some form of managed security services – particularly backup and disaster recovery (96%), endpoint detection & response (EDR, 88%) and managed detection and response (MDR), 82%). Moreover, the MSPs increasingly focus on emerging areas such as Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM, 49%) and eXtended Detection and Response (XDR, 38%).
- End-Customer Reach: The Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs now manage more than 6.1 million users across their customer sites as of 2021, up from 3.1 million in 2020.
- Top 10 Strategic Technology Partners: MSPs consider their top vertical market technology partners to be Microsoft (46%), ConnectWise (18%), Datto (18%), Cisco Systems (15%), Dell Technologies (14%), Ingram Micro (13%), Amazon Web Services (10%), SentinelOne (10%), Fortinet (9%) & Tech Data (7%).
“ChannelE2E and CyberRisk Alliance congratulate ZAG on this honor,” said Amy Katz, executive VP and general manager of ChannelE2E, a CyberRisk Alliance resource. “Businesses worldwide increasingly outsource their most critical security, business automation and IT management requirements to the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs.”
The ChannelE2E Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs list and research are overseen by Joe Panettieri (@JoePanettieri), executive VP and editorial director of ChannelE2E. Find the online list and associated report here: http://www.channelE2E.com/top100
ZAG is a leading managed service provider serving clients nationally with its HQ in San Jose, California, and offices in Salinas (CA), and the greater Boise region in Idaho. The company’s capabilities extend well beyond managed services and IT security to include business application development, technology strategy, asset lifecycle management, disaster preparedness, and incident response planning.
The ZAG team is pleased to be listed for the third consecutive year in the Top 50 of ChannelE2E Vertical Market MSP 100 for 2022. The achievement reflects the company’s commitment to serving its clients and making technology a competitive advantage for their businesses.
About ZAG Technical Services, Inc
ZAG Technical Services delivers strategic IT consulting, managed services, and security solutions that empower businesses to build and defend their competitive advantage. Our solutions are rooted in deep Food & Beverage and Agribusiness industry experience, enabling our clients to establish a robust security posture, improve operational agility, while decreasing IT investment time-to-value. We put the client at the center of everything we do, helping them move faster and be more competitive.
To learn more about ZAG Technical Services, contact us or call +1 408.383.2000.
# # #