Systems Engineer Office 365 Position
Location: San Jose, CA
We are looking for thoughtful, analytical, high energy, and detailed individual to join our Technical Engineering team in San Jose to deliver Email Cloud and premise solutions along with troubleshooting for our customers networking needs. We need a self-driven Engineer with proven history of technical experience with Microsoft Office 365 deployments. You must be able to lead a consultative discussion for both premise and cloud-based solutions. Candidate must have the ability to install, configure and resolve any issues in particular to Microsoft Office 365.
The ideal candidate will bring
- 4 year degree or the equivalent in work experience
- 5+ years of customer support experience and 2+ years’ experience specific to deploying or supporting Microsoft Office 365 users
- A broad knowledge of Office 365 technical architecture, and a deep understanding of the Office 365 Admin Portal
- An understanding of processes and methods to troubleshoot customer issues and improve the customer experience
- High attention to detail with the ability to understand complex workflow systems
- The ability to communicate effectively with small and medium business customers, both verbally and in writing
- A proven ability to handle difficult and time constraint situations in a team lead position
- IT administrative working knowledge in: Office 365, Active Directory, Operating Systems, Networking, Personal Computing Devices.
- Experience providing technical support directly to customers with a high level of customer service and a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Self-driven Engineer with proven history of technical experience with Microsoft Office 365 deployments
- Proven history of demonstrated technical skills and leadership
- Capability to work well with other engineers in a knowledge sharing environment.
- Strong problem solving ability ranging from conceptualization to implementation
Your role will focus on
- Leading small and medium business customers through Network implementation, remediation, and resolution.
- Migration of SMB customers to Microsoft Office 365
- Providing ongoing support to Microsoft Office 365 customers as needed
- Analyzing and providing feedback on the deployment process and technology improvements.
- Being responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours or our on-call rotation
Exchange specific knowledge
- Strong technical background, experience with and understanding of mail transport fundamentals (POP/IMAP/SMTP), as well as networking fundamentals. Includes, but not limited to knowledge of DNS, Message Trace Tools, MX and SPF Records, Block Lists, SPAM, Email Filtering and Virus Protection.
- Experience with configuring mail clients (Outlook or other)
- Basic understanding of Active Directory
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Exchange server or other mail systems
- Office 365 certification
- MCSE Communication preferred
- Experience in Microsoft O365, Exchange, Lync and SharePoint certifications is considered a plus
Thank you for your interest in ZAG Technical Services, Inc. To apply, please upload a resume by clicking the button to the right labeled Upload Resume, then fill out the form below with your cover letter and hit Submit.