Systems Engineer Position
Location: San Jose, CA
Our engineers take pride in the work they perform on a daily basis and will work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. The work will include involvement in some of the most visible and challenging projects within Fortune 500 customers. Our valued partners include Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Nimble Storage, and Dell. Other platform knowledge will be taken into consideration based on alignment to ZAG’s technical offerings.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer for our San Jose office to serve as a lead technical contact responsible for it delivery including infrastructure and application availability for our clients. In this critical role, you are the technical point of contact for escalations and troubleshooting of infrastructure and application issues. You will also be involved with everything from new customer migrations and implementations to troubleshooting of technical delivery issues and guiding technical direction for our clients.
We are looking for a strong mix of technical knowledge and skills including:
- Windows 8, 7, XP professional
- Windows 2012/2008, 2003 server, Exchange 2013, 2010, 2007, SQL Server 2012, 2008, 2005
- VMware, ESX, Nimbl, NetApp or other SANs
- Microsoft Terminal Servers/Remote Desktop Services
- Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, WINS
- Performance tuning techniques for maximum performance
- Data protection
- Technical diagnosis skills and diverse technical environments
- Ability to get to a root cause and plan and implement the appropriate solutions
- MSCE, MCITP and MCP – strongly recommended
- A+, CCENT, CCNP and VCP are all a plus
- Minimum 4+ years in various roles that demonstrate knowledge of network engineering design, installation and support
But we are looking for more than just technical skills. We are looking for engineers that are creative and eager to find new and better ways to implement, maintain, and support customers’ environments. Ideally you can provide the technical expertise with a strong consultative and customer service focused attitude. You are an active listener who focuses on the customer’s needs and drive results and customer satisfaction. And you are eager to learn. You want to stay current and keep up with the changing trends in the IT field.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume along with a cover letter with brief overviews of your biggest and smallest projects (this position will cover everything from desktop troubleshooting to server/data center support).
Thank you for your interest in ZAG Technical Services, Inc. To apply, please upload a resume by clicking the button to the right labeled Upload Resume, then fill out the form below with your cover letter and hit Submit.