Accounting Specialist Position
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented Accounting Specialist for our San Jose office to be responsible for bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and Human Resources administration, for our small but growing company. This is a position that wears many hats and must be comfortable wearing and managing them all. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Administration, you should be comfortable working with little direction and know how to be resourceful in getting things done. At the same time, this is a very collaborative environment so support is available.
What will you be doing for ZAG:
- Full responsibility for Payroll, Inventory, Fixed Assets, G/L.
- Post and verify entries to ledgers, spreadsheets or reports to update department records or accounting systems.
- Prepare and process company accounting forms and documents such as invoices, requisitions, receipts, statements, periodic reports, or other types of financial documents.
- Assist with cash reconciliation and bank account, preparing transmittals and reports and preparing required accounting records.
- File, maintain and distribute all accounting related documents.
- Handle routine inquiries and interactions with company staff or external contacts regarding financial information.
- Prepare and issue invoices and other documents and entries related to accounts receivable.
- Pay bills on time and handles all necessary action associated with accounts payable.
- Prepare financial and other key reports.
- Prepare payroll by recording hours worked and paid time off hours into ADP and into Excel. Distribute paychecks and handle any questions by employees about paychecks.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintain employee information and files by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Assist with medical benefit administration. Keep up-to-date records for each employee’s benefit information and assist employees with any questions or concerns that they may have.
- Ensure legal compliance (workplace posters, filings, etc.)
- Perform general office duties to include filing, copying, errands and inventory/supply control.
- Serve as the “face” of ZAG to all guests. Is responsible for ensuring all guests sign in/out and have appropriate badge while on premises.
- Answer telephones and provides information or refers calls. Takes and conveys messages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
What do you bring to ZAG?
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience as an Office Manager, preferably in Service Industry
- Strong computer skills: proficient with Word, Excel and ERP systems
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personally accountable
- Uses time efficiently
- Team player
If this sounds like you, please upload your resume along with your cover letter telling us about your ability to work a general accounting support position in a fast-paced and growing environment.
Thank you for your interest in ZAG Technical Services, Inc. To apply, please upload a resume by clicking the button to the right labeled Upload Resume, then fill out the form below with your cover letter and hit Submit.